For readers of Watblog.com, this is a unique way to checkout the past newsletters of the website. This is an archive of newsletters from Watblog.com

Thursday, February 12, 2009

WATBlog Update There are 2 new posts in "WATBlog.com - Web, Advertising and Technology Blog in India"

WATBlog.com


Here are the WATBlog email updates for watblogna@gmail.com



There are 2 new posts in "WATBlog.com - Web, Advertising and Technology Blog in India"

US Social Networking Stats

Compete.com served up some new numbers about Social-Networking stats some days back.

They have put Facebook in the lead with about 68 million unique visitors, while MySpace is at 58 million.

Total Visits: Facebook recorded a massive 1.1 billion total visits, while MySpace is at 810 millon.
i.e. approximately an average of 17 visits per visitor for Facebook and 14 visits per visitor for MySpace.

Visits per visitor are not be mistaken with pageviews (Caroline McCarthy @ cnet seems to have equated monthly visits with pageviews).

Pageviews will be a far greater number!  10 times the number of total monthly visits would be a safe assumption.

Orkut (Which is still #1 in India) is not even in the Top 20 in the US.

Note: These are numbers recorded only for US visitors. Another thing to note is that this is entirely based on Web browser data in the U.S. So something like Twitter which is highly accessed via 3rd party applications might actually have a far bigger reach!

Related Posts

Also Check Out:

WATShow.com - Our Video Show

WATJob.com - Our Job Site

WATGame.com - Our Gaming Blog

WATSearch - Our Search Engine




5 Things I Learnt In My Last 4 Years As A Digital Media Entrepreneur..

I turn 24 years today.. which means its been 4 years since I embarked upon my journey as an entrepreneur.. Yes 4 years.. When I look back its been an amazing journey to say the least.. I did so many things that I never thought i would do.. and failed so miserably at some as well.. again I never thought I would fail.. One thing that has been constant has been trial - error - learning - trail - error.. and so on.. This cycle just continues non stop.. It still is.. I learnt some key lessons which I would like to share today via this post..

1) Attitude Of Discovery - I learnt to have an attitude of discovery. The fact that you know and acknowledge that you DON’T KNOW can be one of the biggest starting points for developing an attitude of discovery. This attitude is what shall keep you pushing the bar and discovering opportunities which you yourself didn’t know existed in the first place. It also means that you LISTEN Moreand DIG DEEPER into issues sometimes without knowing what you are searching for.

2) Meaning Of Leverage - I learnt to leverage and leverage opportunities, people, places, my skills, time, money and everything I could to take my business ahead as an entrepreneur. Leverage is a very powerful word and its impact can be only experienced. There is a saying.. ‘Give me a lever large enough and I shall turn the world upside down with it’.. This rings in my head everytime I enter a client meeting or go for a sales call.

3) Power Of Focus - Try this at home.. move your hand anti clock wise on your head and other hand clockwise on your stomach.. Try and see if you can do it for three minutes.. 99% chance you will fail! Reason is you aren’t focusing on one thing. I learnt that as a young entrepreneur my energy drove me to do so many things and I lost focus frequently. This is where 4 years of experience helped. Focus is everything. Be best at one thing and the rest will take care of itself.

4) Charisma of Confidence - Nothing can replace self-confidence. Period. You need to back yourself. Entrepreneurship is all about decision making and then backing yourself with your decisions. It takes a lot of guts and sometimes a tinge of madness but confidence that you can make it will actually make you do it in the first place.

5) Payoffs Of Persistence - I know you might have heard the phrase ‘persistence pays’ and though its often repeated it couldn’t be repeated enough. Be persistent with persistence is what id say! Loads of people give up and thats their point of failure. Giving up is ok.. Not trying again is bad. Failure should make you smarter with your attempt the next time around and thats what persistence means. Keep at it.. and it will grow.

There are a few more learnings that I could have added to this list.. But I dont want to sound too preachy too soon (its only been 4 years). Also Im still on the road to discovering these learnings myself. Lots of people measure success with money or networth.. My last piece of learning (and probably the most important one) has been to measure success with my self worth i.e. how much I think Im worth given all the experiences and learning that Ive had. Its something that should stand you in good stead whether its boom time or recession time. :)

Related Posts

Also Check Out:

WATShow.com - Our Video Show

WATJob.com - Our Job Site

WATGame.com - Our Gaming Blog

WATSearch - Our Search Engine




More Recent Articles



Click here to safely unsubscribe now from "WATBlog.com - Web, Advertising and Technology Blog in India" or change subscription settings

Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498

 

No comments: